The City of Cumberland Engineering Department, on behalf of Belt Paving, would like to notify the public that beginning on Wednesday, June 28, 2023, through Friday, July 7, 2023,
paving will occur on the following streets:
- Centre Street from Frederick Street to Market Street
- Mechanic Street from Frederick Street to Market Street
- Market Street from Centre Street to Mechanic Street
- Polk Street from Centre Street to Hanover Street Adjacent Industrial Blvd
- Hanover Street from Centre Street to Hanover Street Adjacent Industrial Blvd
- Bedford Extended
The road will be flagged during construction to route vehicles around the construction site. Parking cones will be set up in order to notify residents of parking restrictions.
Detours will be set up as needed to direct traffic around the site. Parking will be restricted in the areas during construction starting at 6:30am each morning and concluding at 5:00pm. Please use caution in the area, obey flagger directions and follow detour signage.
The Engineering Department will issue further notification if the construction duration needs to be extended or changed due to weather.
Residents are advised to avoid the area as much as possible during this time to allow for the work to be completed safely and successfully.
Thank you for your cooperation during this time. Please use caution in the area and follow all traffic control devices that will be in place. If there are any questions, please contact the City of Cumberland Engineering Department, 301-759-6600.