The City of Cumberland announces the upcoming reopening of the Center City Parking Garage on S. George Street, effective August 1, 2020. On this date, the garage will become operational after completed upgrades. Entry to the Center City Parking Garage will be made by credit card or permit card only.
Also effective August 1st, please note the following updates about other parking structures/lots within the City.
• The Frederick Street Garage remains a permit only facility
• Lot #1, found under I-68 between S. Centre St. and S. Mechanic St. will be permit only (Permit cost $30/month)
• Lot #2, off Greene St. is a "pay/Kiosk" lot
• Lot #3, off S. Johnson St. under I-68 is a permit only lot with six 30- minute spaces (Permit cost $35/month)
• Lot #4, off N. Mechanic St. at the viaduct is free parking
• Lot #5, off N. Liberty St. across from Coney Island is a "pay/Kiosk" lot
• Lot #6, off Salem St. will be free parking
• Lot #7, off Pershing St. is a "pay/Kiosk" lot
Current permit holders who may be affected by any of the changes have been contacted.
Anyone interested in obtaining a monthly parking permit should contact Lisa Terrell by phone at 301-759-6405 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any other questions regarding City Parking should be directed to 301- 722-2000.