City Hall will be reopening to the general public beginning Monday, July 6, 2020. The public will be allowed into City Hall from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. for the purpose of making payments, but will be required to wear face masks and adhere to social distancing guidelines while inside the building. No more than four visitors are permitted in the lobby at any one time.
Admittance to other offices will be accommodated by appointment only, with individuals contacting the appropriate staff member or department, in advance, by phone or email to arrange a mutually agreeable time. Upon arriving at City Hall for a scheduled appointment, individuals must check in with the staff member in the lobby.
The City is making every effort to keep employees and citizens safer during this health crisis, and therefore continues to encourage the use of phone calls and emails to conduct business, whenever possible.
The optimal choice for payment of utility bills and any other financial obligations continues to be online. Visit http://www.ci.cumberland.md.us/131/Online-Payments for more details and instructions to pay online.
Payments may also be made in the following ways:
- Mailed to 57 N. Liberty Street, Cumberland, MD 21502
- Paid by phone (credit card payment only) by calling 301-759-6409
- Drop box outside City Hall, 1st floor
- Drive-by drop box at Chamber of Commerce Bell Tower in City Hall plaza
- At the First United Bank locations on Harrison St. and at White Oaks Shopping Center (Water/Sewer payments only)
Any questions regarding the reopening of City Hall and the handling of business or transactions should be directed to 301-722-2000.