City Hall will be closing to the general public beginning Thursday, March 19, 2020, adding to the effort to keep employees and citizens safer during this unprecedented time. Operations within City Hall may be modified, but will be staffed to support the needs of the City of Cumberland. Any business or transaction that requires a visit to City Hall must be conducted by appointment only, and the appropriate individual or department should be contacted by phone or email in advance to arrange a mutually agreeable time.
The City of Cumberland encourages the utilization of online payment methods for utility bills and any other financial obligations, such as parking violations, citations, real property tax, personal property tax and corporate tax. Visit http://www.ci.cumberland.md.us/131/Online-Payments for more details and instructions to pay online.
Payments may also be made in the following ways:
- Mailed to 57 N. Liberty Street, Cumberland, MD 21502
- At the First United Bank locations on Harrison St. and at White Oaks Plaza (Water payments only)
- Paid by phone (credit card payment) by calling 301-759-6409
- Drop box outside City Hall, 1st floor
- Drive-by drop box at Chamber of Commerce Bell Tower in City Hall plaza
- At the First United Bank locations on Harrison St. and at White Oaks Shopping Center (Water/sewer payments only)
Any questions regarding the closure of City Hall and the handling of business or transactions should be directed to 301-722-2000.