This is a one-time grant award of up to $2,000 (maximum request) with no repayment due (this is not a loan). The grant is limited to one award per business entity. Eligible grant uses include payroll, rent, utilities, capital improvements or other expenses that will allow you to continue to safely operate and or adapt your business to a model to respond to COVID restrictions.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 5PM ON MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22. CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org for application.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Entities such as corporations and LLCs must be in “Good Standing” and must be a registered business entity with the State of Maryland. Entities such as sole proprietorships and general partnerships should be “Active”, not “Inactive”. • https://egov.maryland.gov/businessexpress/entitysearch to check your standing. • https://egov.maryland.gov/BusinessExpress to register if you are not already.
- Have physical establishment within Main Street/ Special Taxing District in the City of Cumberland
- Actively engaged in doing business prior to March 1, 2020 and currently open for business
- Have no more than 15 full-time employees as of March 1, 2020
- Engaged in activities currently regulated or impacted by the COVID-19 Maryland’s State of Emergency
- Have no pre-existing tax liens or legal judgements
- The following entities are NOT eligible: home-based businesses, religious organizations, banks/financial institutions/insurance/law firms/accounting, investment/real-estate entities, food trucks, government agencies, non-profit organizations that do not directly contribute to the economic viability of the Main Street District
- Only applications received during the open application period will be considered. Applications will be reviewed by the Cumberland Downtown Development Commission Mini-Grant Program Committee and awards will be determined based on successful completion of the application, demonstration of need, and detailed description of use of funds. Award amounts may not match the requested amount. Priority will be given to retail establishments.