Let's Beautify Cumberland
Let's Beautify Cumberland!?
- Citizen originated grass roots program started in August 1996.
- Program highly endorsed by the Mayor and City Council.
- Concerns, problems, suggestions, or to volunteer: please call 301-722-2000. Your participation is highly needed and valued!
- Planning meetings held on the first Monday of each month at 121 N. Centre Street at 7:00 p.m. Call the contact numbers to the right to confirm.
- All planning meetings open to the public ...join us!
- Co-sponsors (with County United Way) annual Day of Caring and Sharing for Cumberland.
- Many improvements to public properties were accomplished through citizens' efforts
- Citizens feeling renewed sense of civic pride
- Neighborhoods and community groups work together for the benefit of everyone
- Excellent cooperation between businesses, civic groups, city employees and civic volunteers
- Thousands of people have participated in Let's Beautify Cumberland! (LBC!) activities since 1996. Not just citizens of Cumberland are involved - we have had people from Flintstone, Frostburg, Fort Ashby, Hyndman, and Bedford participate in LBC! projects.
- People of all ages are welcome to help beautify the Queen City through LBC! projects. Local community groups help accomplish many projects that involve LBC!
- Garden clubs and civic groups can adopt parklets (a.k.a "the Beauty Spots") to maintain...call 301-722-2000 to see what parklets available and volunteer your group.
- Several committee members also work with Shade Tree Commission, planting trees and shrubs.
- Several local schools have assisted LBC! by growing and planting plants, painting several signs and fences, and doing some general litter pick-up.
- Several local businesses have donated wood, paint, plants, and many other miscellaneous supplies over several years. If your business is interested in helping call 301-722-2000.
- Local media help to publicize Let's Beautify Cumberland! programs and events.